Thursday, December 29, 2011

Welcome to What's on Your DVR?

This is the place to come for reviews, analysis and discussions for some of your favorite shows on network and cable TV. I obviously don't have time to watch every show out there but I'm a pretty big TV junkie so hopefully we'll enjoy some of the same shows.
For a quick synopsis of what to expect, I'm not a professional film, acting or production critic. I watch TV primarily to be entertained and most would probably describe me as "easily entertained" so the bar for "critical analysis" might be low, if that's your thing. I tend to be draw more to whatever really captures my attention for the entirety of the show, regardless of whether it's action, drama or comedy that's doing the capturing. I very rarely watch shows live anymore, hence the name of the blog, and I absolutely love to let shows stack up on the DVR then knock out several weeks in one sitting or even try to squeeze an entire season in over the course of several days (thank you On Demand), as I just recently did with Boss on Starz.

I would like to think I have a fairly balanced mix of 30 minute sitcoms and hour long dramas, although I will admit I'm finding myself gradually more drawn to hour long dramas than I was even just a couple years ago. My current list of favorite shows would include (in no particular order) Raising Hope, Homeland, Parks and Rec, Justified, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Person of Interest, Shameless and Dexter just to name a few (ok maybe more than a few).

And finally a quick disclaimer, I will not be writing about and/or reviewing any reality shows now or at any time in the future. I know they're popular but I refuse to jump on board that train to insanity.

Thanks for your time, hope you enjoy......

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Joe!

    And yes, reality TV is utter garbage and a waste of resources that could be used on creating quality television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joe! I guess we've started blogging about Tv shows at the same time)) also, we seem to like similar shows. So, congratulations with your new blog! I would like to read it!

    ReplyDelete