Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best New Show of 2011

Out with the old and in the new!! That's what we say this time of year right? Well not sure how that applies here but it's time to reflect on 2011 and what better way to do that than pick the best new show of the year. As always there are a ton of shows to choose from but here's a sampling of my favorites:

 
  • Homeland - Clearly one of my favorite new shows so I won't rehash my opinions but you read here.
  • Game of Thrones - HBO absolutely nails their first venture into medieval fantasy
  • 2 Broke Girls - Two very funny leads and the rest of the cast is blah, but still pretty funny.
  • Boss - Entertaining show, sortof Sopranos meets West Wing
  • Person of Interest - Not quite a cop drama but not exactly totally original either
  • American Horror Story - a horror story on network TV, how exciting, but I'm not sure the execution lived up the premise.
  • Terra Nova - same description as above but replace horror story with dinosaurs
  • Up All Night - I'm basically at this point in my life so I was totally locked in. A bit over the top at times but still funny.
  • The Killing - What would one Law and Order episode look like stretched out over at least 26 hour long episodes? This show will let you know.

What's your favorite new show of 2011?

1 comment:

  1. For me it'd be a tie between Homeland and American Horror Story, Homeland is probably "better" but AHS was so much fun.

    Nice to see some love for The Killing too, so many people bashed it after the finale (which I actually liked) and seemed to forget that until then it was a perfectly good show.

    ReplyDelete